David Loan, our newly appointed General Manage at Las Campanasr, attended the board meeting and stated that he and his wife, Patti, are very much looking forward to their new adventure in Santa Fe. David takes the helm as General Manager/COO in early May.
• Dr. Patricia McFate reported on the history of the Las Campanas Community Fund and provided a financial recap of the committee. Since inception, Las Campanas Community Fund has given $400,000 in grants to various worthy organizations in Santa Fe. The committee’s Annual Art Auction is scheduled for July 8th, and the Play It Forward Charity Golf Tournament will be August 6th at Las Campanas. To find more information about Las Campanas Community Fund, please visit the member website and click on the tab along the top margin called Resources, then click on the sub-tab located on the left of the page called Committees.
• Past Las Campanas Board President Bob Buddendorf will chair this year’s Nominating Committee. Information regarding this year’s committee roster and the upcoming July election will be sent to members in the near future.
• Two Board members have been appointed to fill vacated spots: Don Teague and Kevin Twomey. Both are residents of Texas when not here in the Land of Enchantment.
• The Club at Las Campanas will be installing additional routers to provide for expanded WiFi service. The new spaces with WiFi service will be operational by the high season. The new areas include:
Entire Clubhouse and portals
The Café and outdoor pool area
• Andrew Nichols joined the staff of The Club at Las Campanas as Working Executive Chef on March 29.
• The golf course lake on #18 has a slow leak and we are looking at a repair versus a replace approach to correcting the issue.
• A communication regarding the Strategic Plan was sent to all Las Campanas members on April 3rd, and the Plan is also available on the Las Campanas member website. The audited financial results will soon be available to the Las Campanas members.