2011 Las Campanas Golf Events Calendar
We are excited and pleased to announce the new Las Campanas Golf Events Calendar for 2011.
This calendar of golf events incorporates several changes and improvements intended to make your golf experience at our Las Campanas Club better and more enjoyable than ever.
Your Las Campanas Golf Committee has created a schedule that particularly considered member input from the various Club strategy planning surveys. The golf event enhancements listed below are designed to get higher levels of participation from golfers of all abilities in both competitive and social golf events such as:
· A new Las Campanas Club Championship weekend will combine both Men’s and Ladies’ tournaments. Each tournament will offer various and distinct flights to attract from low to higher handicap players. The two days of competition will culminate in a combined Awards Ceremony social event.
· Wednesdays will be dedicated to both Men’s and Ladies’ Day, and while each will play their own desired competition formats, a running comparison of best net scores will reveal at an informal social event the end of the Golf Season whether the men or ladies played the better golf.
· Men and Lady Beginners of all levels will have an opportunity to meet players of their abilities and comfortably enjoy our highly rated golf courses via a new Beginners’ Complete Program. This program will comprise everything from swing instruction in our renovated Practice Range, hole strategy and management, etiquette of the game, and most importantly, regularly scheduled play on both courses with teaching pros and your instruction program colleagues.
· Couples and Mixed Play will have more opportunities to enjoy the social aspects of the game . during play and at ‘apres-golf’ events . through regularly scheduled monthly events and the Couples Member-Guest Tournament during Labor Day weekend.
We also seek to elevate all aspects of the Las Campanas Member-Member and Member-Guest Tournaments to world-class standards and look forward to staying closely in touch with you via improved communications, and new ways of gathering your feedback, on all Golf Programs.
We invite you to review the attached 2011 calendar and most importantly to start marking your personal calendars to ensure we have the pleasure of your company and participation in many of these events. So, please save the dates for our Big Six tournaments:
1. Ladies’ Member-Member-Saturday, June 18th through Sunday, June 19th
2. Men’s Member-Member-Saturday, June 25th through Sunday, June 26th
3. Men and Ladies Club Championship-Saturday, July 9th through Sunday, July 10th
4. Ladies’ Member-Guest-Thursday, August 4th through Saturday, August 6th
5. Men’s Member-Guest-Wednesday, August 17th through Saturday, August 20th
6. Couple’s Member-Guest-Friday, September 2nd through Sunday, September 4th
Note: The cost of F&B events that are normally included in the entry fee for major golf events such as Member-Guest, Member-Member and Club Championship will be credited to the Las Campanas Club’s food minimum.
Las Campanas Director of Golf Search Update
We are at the finish line for our Director of Golf search. According to AMF our national search has created quite a positive buzz about the Club throughout the golf community. We received 55 top notch applications, narrowing the initial list down to 14 candidates and conducting phone interviews with this smaller pool. We are now at five candidates, who will be coming to the Las Campanas Club in mid-January.
These five pros will interview with the appointed golf pro search committee that we have gathered. This includes the following members-Pat Crooks, chairman, Nancy Mroz, Gary Kramer, Fred Klinghoffer, Bob Buddendorf, Katie Cullen, Dennis Clements and Greg Flanagan. Jim Muldowney and Tom Egelhoff will also serve on the committee. We feel that this is an excellent cross section of Club golfers, and are confident that they will assist us in choosing the very best person for this key position. We plan to announce the Club’s new Director of Golf by the end of January. At this point, we are hopeful to have a new Director of Golf on board by late February or early March.
Golf Course Tree Fund
The purpose of this project is to populate the golf course at Las Campanas with trees while offering members the opportunity to honor a loved one or friend. In keeping with our Audubon International certification, not only will this effort populate the golf course with trees, it will also provide essential habitat and food supplies for birds and other animals. Details of this exciting new initiative follow:
· All of the trees on the list have been selected by an expert specifically for our climate and environment. The trees are native and drought resistant.
· You will also be able to choose the location from a list of pre-determined locations on the golf courses.
· There is a flat rate of $200 per tree no matter the size or type.
· Tom Egelhoff, Las Campanas Golf Course Superintendent, will compile a tree list with photographs and descriptions of each species.
· A member may then look at tree choices, and make their selection online. To order a tree, please contact Sasha Shorty at 995-3643 or email@example.com to place your order.
· There will be a small medallion on the tree identifying the type of tree and name of honoree or family. It will be great to help people on the golf course to identify the type of tree as well as for Tom’s educational outreach tours.
· The best time to plant trees is now through April. The trees are dormant and this is their ‘down time’. Tom is willing to guarantee the transplant trees for up to two years. Because of this, even if orders for donor trees are taken in high summer the trees will actually go into the ground during the planting season of November through April.
· Important Note: The specific location choices for the trees are non- negotiable. Members will only be allowed to choose from the pre-determined list of tree types and locations.
We are excited to share with you this information, and look forward to the best and most enjoyable golf season ever at Las Campanas in 2011!
Your Club’s Golf Committee
2011 Las Campanas Golf Events Calendar