Representatives from Cienda Partners, the purchasers of the remaining bank-owned Las Campanas property, will hold a meeting for the Las Campanas Community in mid-June. Additional information will be provided once their plans are finalized.
• As part of the sale from the Bank to Cienda Partners, the Club at Las Campanas was paid all the monies owed it under the terms of the Golf Course Water Agreement to assist in paying for the raw water pipeline.
• Don Teague and Kevin Twomey, the newly appointed Las Campanas Board members, were seated at this month’s meeting. I’d like to thank them for agreeing to serve and I know that they’ll be a great addition to your Board.
• As part of our member acquisition initiative, we have identified a person to fill the Las Campanas Membership Development contract position. Once the contract has been finalized and the person is in place, an update will be sent to the membership.
• The GM and Finance Committee Chair reviewed with the Las Campanas Board a shortfall in the Las Campanas Fitness & Tennis Center budget. The Board agreed to recognize the shortfall and allocate monies set aside in the current fiscal-year operating budget.
• We are currently getting bids for the repair work on golf course lakes 18 and 4.
• The Board approved minor changes to the House Rules correcting some verbiage and clarifying ambiguities. The approved House Rules are available on the members’ website under the Resources tab, subtab Club Governing Documents.
• After reviewing in detail the feasibility study for improving cell phone service for Las Campanas Club members, the Board decided to table any further consideration of this initiative with the current technology. This decision will be documented so that future Boards can consider the process used should technology developments warrant reconsideration.
Finally, I’d like to remind everyone that The Club at Las Campanas’s two-year anniversary is this Saturday and we have a full day of events planned. I hope you’ll be able to attend the Goodacre bronze dedication at 11 a.m. as well as the evening party at the Las Campanas Clubhouse at 6 p.m. Our newly appointed GM, David Loan, and his wife Patti will be on hand for both events. And I’d be remiss if I didn’t remind you that golf is hosting their Las Campanas Opening Day event at 1 p.m. I look forward to seeing you at one or more of the events!
Las Campanas Board President